- Combine corn and oil on a baking sheet, stir to coat.
- Broil 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the corn is roasted. Watch this carefully, if it over cooks it will pop in the oven.
- Allow corn to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, 2 tablespoons salsa, avocado, and cumin; stir well.
- Stir in the cooled corn and chill for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to assembly the dip, spread 1/2 cup of sour cream on the bottom of a large round platter.
- On top of that, spread 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Next, spread on the roasted corn guacamole.
- Place corn tortillas around the edge.
- On top of the tortillas, layer the shredded lettuce, cheese and chopped tomato.
- Using a plastic bag, put in 1/2 cup sour cream and snip the corner. Pipe the sour cream in 3-4 circles on top of the corn guacamole. You can also use squeezable sour cream for this step.
- Drag a toothpick or knife tip through the sour cream from the center outward to make the "spider web".
- Place a black olive onto the web to resemble the "spider".
- Serve with tortilla chips.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: Large circular platter
|-||2 cups frozen corn kernels|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil|
|-|| Juice from one lime|
|-||1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons salsa|
|-||2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and mashed|
|-||1 teaspoon cumin|
|-||1 cup sour cream divided|
|-|| Corn tortillas chips|
|-||1 cup chopped lettuce|
|-||1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese|
|-||1 cup chopped tomatoes|
|-|| Black olive for the spider|