- Toss cabbage, onion, carrot, tomatoes, and parsley until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, dry mustard, garlic powder, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour oil mixture over cabbage and toss.
- Chill for two hours before serving.
- Brown ground beef with onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in ketchup, corn, beans, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place inside bun with slaw on top of Sloppy Joe mixture.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||6 cups shredded cabbage|
|-||1 cup red onion, diced|
|-||1 carrot, peeled and grated|
|-||1 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced|
|-||1 tablespoon parsley, minced|
|-||2 teaspoons oil|
|-||2 teaspoons vinegar|
|-||1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|-||1 tablespoon sugar|
|-||1/4 teaspoon dry mustard|
|-||1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon celery seed|
|-|| Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste|
|-|| SLOPPY JOE:|
|-||1 pound lean ground beaf|
|-||1/4 cup chopped onions|
|-||1/4 cup ketchup|
|-||1/2 cup frozen or canned corn|
|-||1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed, and drained|
|-||1/2 cup tomato sauce|
|-||1 teaspoon minced chipolte peppers in adobo sauce|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||4 hamburger buns, split|