- This recipe can be made with grilled or boiled corn.
- If boiling corn, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add corn until slightly cooked, approximately 3 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- If grilling, preheat the grill, oil the ears, and grill for 5-10 minutes; allow to cool.
- Over a cutting board, hold each cob by the pointed end and using a sharp knife, cut down along the cob to strip off kernels. Turn cob after each cut.
- In a salad bowl, combine the corn kernels, tomatoes, bell pepper, celery, onion, and jalapeno chile, tossing to mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and yogurt until smooth.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and vinegar. Pour over corn mixture and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and parsley before serving, if desired.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: salad bowl
|-||6 large ears of sweet corn, husks and silks removed|
|-||12 cherry tomatoes, or one large tomato, chopped|
|-||1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|-||1 stalk celery, chopped|
|-||1 small red onion, chopped|
|-||1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced|
|-||1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|-||1/4 cup plain yogurt|
|-||1/4 cup chicken broth|
|-||2 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)|
|-||2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)|