- Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
- Peel and grate carrots and set aside. In a small bowl, add 1 cup of raisins and then pour in 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes, then drain, and set the drained raisins aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl combine beaten eggs, oil, and applesauce. Add flour mixture and combine until just moistened. Stir in drained raisins and grated carrots.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full or slightly fuller. Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before eating.
- TIP: Use foil baking liners to keep baked muffins from sticking to sides.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
|-||3 cups grated peeled carrots (approximately 6 large carrots)|
|-||1 cup raisins|
|-||1 cup boiling water|
|-||2 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 tablespoon baking powder|
|-||2 teaspoons baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinamonn|
|-||4 eggs - well beaten|
|-||1/2 cup vegetable oil|
|-||1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)|
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)|