- Cut ham into thin slices. Cut a dill pickle into narrow slices, or use pre-cut slices Cut cheese into thin slices
- Slice bread bun in half lengthwise, or if using a French bread roll, cut lengthwise to make a 6 inch length. Lightly butter inside of each bread slice. On buttered side, layer ingredients starting with the pickles, then the roast pork, ham (1 to 2 slices), and the cheese on top.
- Pre-heat sandwich grill or a griddle pan large enough to hold 1 or 2 sandwiches. Spray cooking oil on grill or pan surfaces. Place sandwich(es) in grill or pan and flatten sandwich by either closing grill lid, or if using an open pan, place a meat press, such as a bacon press, over top of sandwich. A heavy object such as a brick wrapped in tin foil can be used to compress the bread, meat, and cheese.
- Grill sandwiches 2 to 3 minutes per side, removing when cheese melts and outsides of bread are golden brown.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 1
|-|| Cuban bread bun or substitute French bread roll (not a baguette) or a Kaiser roll|
|-||1 pound roasted pork shredded - boneless center loin is suggested|
|-||1/2 pound baked ham - a mild and sweet flavored ham|
|-||1/4 pound Swiss cheese|
|-|| dill pickle slices|
|-||3 tablespoons butter|