Tip: Brown sugar may be substituted for the granulated sugar, but you may want to increase the amount to 1 tablespoon per serving.
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually stir in sugar and salt.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat before cream comes to a boil. Slowly stir into egg mixture. Add vanilla.
- Divide the mixture into 4 ramekins and place them in a baking pan. Fill the pan with water about half way up the ramekins to make a water bath. Bake for 45-60 minutes until firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle the top with sugar and carmelize with a kitchen torch. Garnish with raspberries or strawberries.
|Cook Time: 45 minutes|
Serving Size: 1 each
|-||4 egg yolks|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||3 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|-||2 cups cream|
|-||1 pinch salt|
|-||1/2 cup fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries|