- Combine all of the bean and corn salad ingredients together in a bowl and set aside while preparing quesadillas (may be done 1 to 2 hours prior to serving, if refrigerated).
- Combine cooked, cubed chicken with bottled salsa, shredded greens, and cheese.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly on 4 flour tortillas and cover with 4 remaining tortillas.
- Coat large skillet with non-stick vegetable spray. Cook each quesadilla over medium heat, one at a time, for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove quesadillas and cut each into 4 pieces.
- Serve with bean and corn salad and bottled salsa.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: large, heavy skillet
|-|| Bean and Corn Salad:|
|-||1 cup fresh corn kernels (approximately 2 large ears)|
|-||1 sweet, red bell pepper, seeded and diced|
|-||1 large, ripe tomato, seeded and chopped|
|-||3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or to taste)|
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or to taste)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)|
|-||15 ounces black beans, drained|
|-||2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed|
|-||1 cup fresh romaine or fresh spinach, shredded|
|-||3/4 cup bottled salsa|
|-||8 flour tortillas, 8|
|-||1/2 cup to 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded|
|-||1 fresh lime, quartered as garnish for salad mixture|