- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy sauce pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, melted butter, and nuts. Stir by hand until just combined. Press half of the dough mixture on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust.
- Pour the melted caramel mixture over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the top of caramel.
- Bake for an additional 18 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerate the bars before cutting into squares.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
|-|| 14-ounce bag of caramels|
|-||1/3 cup evaporated milk (do not use sweetened condensed)|
|-||1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)|
|-|| 18 1/4 ounce box of German chocolate cake mix|
|-||1/3 cup evaporated milk (do not use sweetened condensed milk)|
|-||3/4 cup butter, melted|
|-||1 cup chocolate chips|