- In a large bowl, pour packets of gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water, stir to blend and add the boiling water. Add sugar, lemon and orange juice. Mix well.
- Refrigerate until it thickens (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Beat the whipping cream until firm and add to the gelatin mixture. Beat the entire mixture until thoroughly combined.
- In a 9" x 13" pan, tear the angel food cake into bite size pieces. Pour the creamy gelatin mixture over the top of torn angel food pieces. Garnish with toasted almonds and coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, approximately 8 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
|Prep Time: 6 or more hours|
Serving Size: 1 piece
|-||1 angel food cake, prepared|
|-||2 packets knox gelatin|
|-||1/2 cup cold water|
|-||1 cup boiling water|
|-||2 cups granulated sugar|
|-||1 1/2 cups orange juice|
|-||1/4 cup lemon juice|
|-||1 cup heavy whipping cream|
|-||1/2 cup toasted almonds for garnish|
|-||1/2 cup toasted coconut for garnish|