- Grease and flour pans. Preheat oven to 325Â°F.
- Combine oil, sugar, and eggs and beat well.
- Sift the flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Add to the sugar mixture and beat for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and blend well.
- Stir in grated carrots until evenly distributed. Do not over-stir. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done. Check for doneness by poking with a toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cream cheese and butter or margarine should be slightly soft, but not too soft. Cream butter or margarine and cream cheese together.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add more powdered sugar if you would like the frosting to be a little thicker.
- Frost cake when it is completely cooled. Frosting may be stored in the refrigerator 1 to 2 weeks. Remove from refrigerator a little while before using.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||1 1/2 cups vegetable oil|
|-||2 cups sugar|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||2 teaspoons baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon|
|-||2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-||3 cups grated carrots|
|-||3 ounces cream cheese|
|-||1/4 cup butter or margarine|
|-||2 cups powdered sugar|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|