- Wash, peel, core, and slice apples.
- Place prepared apples in sauce pan. Add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the sauce pan and cook, partially covered, over medium to low heat, 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar, approximately 1/4 cup per 4 or 5 apples. Adjust the amount of sugar based on the type and sweetness of the apple variety being used. Add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes. If sauce is too thick, add a small amount of water.
- 10-12 medium apples make approximately 1 quart of sauce.
- Since some apples cook up softer than others, the consistency of the sauce may vary. If a smoother textured sauce is desired, place sauce in blender or a food processor and blend until desired consistency is achieved.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: large saucepan
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||3 pounds apples (10-12 medium)|
|-||1/2 cup sugar to taste, adjust to sweetness of apple|
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)|
|-|| water as needed to adjust thickness|