- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, salt, pineapple juice and eggs. Stir to mix thoroughly and then cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Allow this mixture to cool completely.
- Cook the Acini de Pepe pasta according to instructions on the package. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Combine the cooled egg mixture with the pasta; stir to mix evenly and then refrigerate overnight or until chilled.
- Add the pineapple, oranges, cherries and blueberries to the chilled pasta mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Fold the marshmallows and whipped topping into the salad until evenly mixed.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Container: Large bowl for mixing
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||1 tablespoon flour|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||7/8 cup pineapple juice (drained from pineapple tidbits)|
|-||1 egg, beaten|
|-||1/2 tablespoon lemon juice|
|-||8 ounces Acini de Pepe pasta|
|-||1 can pineapple tidbits (20 oz.)|
|-||1 can mandarin oranges ( 16 oz.)|
|-||2 jars Maraschino cherries (cut 1 jar of cherries in half, leave other jar whole)|
|-||1 package bluberries (1 pint)|
|-||2 cups minature marshmallows|
|-||8 ounces whipped topping|