- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon juice; beat until well mixed.
- Add the egg and sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until well blended; add the oil and mix well.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove from the pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and beat on low until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the bread. It is ok for the glazed to run down the sides but try to keep as much on top as possible.
- Allow glaze to set up before slicing the bread.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: 9 x 5 loaf pan
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 teaspoon lemon extract|
|-||1/3 cup lemon juice|
|-||1/2 cup canola oil|
|-|| LEMON GLAZE:|
|-||1 cup powdered sugar plus 1 tablespoon|
|-||2 tablespoons milk|
|-||1/2 teaspoon lemon extract|