- Prepare the chocolate cake according to the directions on the package for a 9 x 13 cake.
- When the cake has completely cooled, poke holes all over the cake with a wooden skewer. Pour the Kahlua over the cake and in the holes. Let it soak in for at least an hour.
- Before assembling the trifle, cut the cake up into 1-inch squares.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the two envelopes of dream whip and instant pudding. Add the milk and vanilla; beat until mixture thickens.
- Break Heath bars into bite size pieces. Try cutting up with a knife or breaking by gently pounding with a hammer or mallet.
- Begin assembling the trifle by starting with a layer of the cubed cake pieces. Add half of these cubes.
- Then spread half of the mousse over the cake layer; then add a layer of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle half of the broken Heath bars over the Cool Whip. Then repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, ending with the Heath bars on top.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Container: Trifle bowl
|-||1 package chocolate cake mix|
|-||1/3 cup Kahlua|
|-||2 Dream Whip envelopes|
|-||2 packages chocolate instant pudding - 4-serving size|
|-||2 3/4 cups milk|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||16 ounces Cool Whip |
|-||6 Heath candy bars - regular size|