- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and allow to stand for a few minutes for the yeast to be activated.
- Mix the flour, yeast mixture, milk, onion powder, sage, chives, salt, and melted butter together; mix thoroughly.
- Place on a baking stone and form into a round loaf. Coat loaf lightly with olive oil and then cover with plastic. Let stand overnight to raise (or 6 to 8 hours). The loaf will spread and flatten slightly as it stands overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. when ready to bake.
- Remove plastic wrap from loaf and brush surface with an egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from oven and brush surface with melted butter. Return to the oven and bake for approximately 10 more minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: baking stone
|-||1 teaspoon yeast |
|-||1/4 cup water - lukewarm|
|-||2 cups flour |
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||1 teaspoon onion powder |
|-||1 teaspoon sage - crushed leaves|
|-||2 teaspoons minced fresh chives|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||2 tablespoons butter - melted|
|-|| Olive oil|
|-||1 egg - beaten for egg wash|
|-|| melted butter for brushing loaf when baking|