- Brown hamburger, draining off excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning to the browned meat. Reserve 1 Tbsp for the salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, add the torn lettuce first, then layer the hamburger, cheddar cheese, kidney beans, onion, and tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, mix thousand island dressing with the sugar, taco seasoning and taco sauce, until blended. Pour over top of layered salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving crush the chips and add them to top of the salad.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1 head lettuce - washed, dried and torn into bite size pieces|
|-||1 pound ground beef - browned and drained|
|-||8 ounces Cheddar cheese - grated|
|-||15 ounces kidney beans - drained and rinsed (optional)|
|-||1 onion - large, chopped|
|-||4 tomatoes - medium, chopped|
|-||1 bag of taco flavored chips|
|-||1 package taco seasoning - divided|
|-|| SALAD DRESSING|
|-||8 ounces Thousand Island dressing|
|-||1 tablespoon taco sauce |
|-||1/4 cup sugar |