- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare muffin tin with paper liners or just spray each individual tin with a vegetable oil baking spray.
- Cream together the egg, margarine, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients together; then add the milk, dry ingredients, and the fruit to the egg and sugar mixture. Stir until just blended together (the batter will be somewhat lumpy).
- Fill each muffin cup 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
|Container: two mixing bowls, muffin tin|
|-||1/4 cup margarine|
|-||1 cup sugar (scant cup)|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||2 teaspoons baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 cup milk|
|-||1 apple (grated coarsely, may include skin) or any other fruit of your choice|