- About 1 hour before cooking, remove the ham from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Cut diamond shaped slits in the top of ham. Be careful not to cut into the meat.
- Place ham in a 4-5 quart crock pot and pour apple juice over top.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and pepper in a small bowl and blend well. Spread over ham, taking time to get the glaze into the slits.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours. (If ham is too big for crock, just cover tightly with aluminum foil.)
- Remove from crock and let rest 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 4 - 5 quart crock pot
|-||5 pounds fully cooked bone-in ham or ham of your choice|
|-||1/3 cup apple Juice|
|-||1/4 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 tablespoon honey|
|-||1 tablespoon prepared Yellow Mustard|
|-|| black pepper to taste|