Glossary - print - Bundt Pan

Bundt Pan - Glossary Term

view glossary term online:
Bundt Pan  
A heavy-walled baking pan formed with a decorative indented curvature and a hollow tube in the center. The heavier walled construction allows cake batters to rise and bake more uniformly, while the improved heat conduction and hollow center tube enable the cake to bake evenly, creating a golden crust on the outside of the cake. With the decorative shape of the pan a pleasing appearance is produced from the baked cake. This pan is generally used for baking coffee cakes and sweet cakes, known as bundt cakes. When the mixture of cake ingredients are baked, the cake is shaped into the decorative form of the pan. After the ingredients are baked, the pan is turned over so the firm cake falls out onto a plate or counter to be decorated or prepared for serving. Other similar pans for cakes are called tube pans or angel food cake pans.