- In saucepan over high heat, combine the rice & water; bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover & simmer until the water is absorbed & rice is tender.
- Cut the meat into 4 equal portions and add Italian dressing over the top. Chill for at least 20 minutes to marinate, turning as needed.
- Prepare hot fire in grill or broiler. Thread the meat, pepper slices, cherry tomatoes & onion wedges onto each skewer, alternating meat and vegetables.
- Place kabobs on grill rack or broiler pan. Grill for 5-10 minutes, turning as needed.
- Divide the rice onto individual plates; top with 2 kabobs & serve. Serves 2.
|Prep Time: 35 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
|-||1/2 cup brown rice|
|-||2 cups water|
|-||4 ounces top sirloin|
|-||3 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing|
|-||1 green pepper, cut inch fourths|
|-||4 cherry tomatoes|
|-||1 onion, cut into 4 wedges (small)|
|-||2 wooden skewers, soaked inch water 30 minutes or metal skewers|