NOTE: If you don't have enough broth, you can use chicken broth.
- Wash turkey well and dry with paper towels.
- Salt and pepper the inside of turkey. Put celery, apple and onion inside the turkey. Tie the two legs together with string.
- Butter the top of the turkey. Place in a turkey size oven bag. Put in roasting pan. Bake according to the weight of the turkey, approximately 10 minutes per pound at 350° F.
- When turkey is done, take out of oven put on a cookie sheet and let sit 15 minutes or until you can handle the turkey to slice.
- Place sliced pieces in a pan that will hold the whole turkey or in smaller containers. Pour the turkey broth over the sliced turkey. Cover tightly and freeze.
- When ready to use, take out of freezer and bake until hot. This can be baked and frozen months ahead of time.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 2 hours
|-||1 turkey, thawed|
|-|| salt and pepper, to taste|
|-||1 stalk celery, halved|
|-||1 apple, cored, quartered|
|-||1 onion, quartered|
|-||4 tablespoons butter|