- In a ziploc bag, add the oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and cornstarch. Close and hand mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the steak in the bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator. Overnight works best.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and stir in the garlic. Let it sizzle in the hot oil for about 1 minute. This will flavor the oil. Remove and discard otherwise it will burn and become bitter.
- Add the broccoli, and toss and stir in the hot oil until bright green and almost tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the broccoli from the wok, and set aside.
- Toss the beef with the marinade into the hot pan until the sauce forms a glaze on the beef, and the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Return the cooked broccoli to the wok, and stir until the meat and broccoli are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1/3 cup oyster sauce|
|-||2 teaspoons sesame oil |
|-||1/3 cup sherry |
|-||1 teaspoon soy sauce |
|-||1 teaspoon brown sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon ginger |
|-||2 teaspoons cornstarch |
|-||3/4 pound top sirloin, cut into 1/8-inch thick strips|
|-||3 tablespoons vegetable oil |
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1 pound broccoli , cut into florets|
|-|| cooked rice|