- Heat sauce pan with olive oil, when hot add the chopped mushrooms, onions, and diced chilies; salt and pepper to taste.
- When the onions start to brown, add the ground beef to the pot. Stir until the meat starts to brown and add the Worcestershire sauce.
- When all the ground beef has browned, add the tomato puree and chili powder; taste when cooking and if needed add more chili powder.
- Once the kidney beans are strained add them to the pot along with the can of chopped tomatoes. Stir and cover with lid; let simmer on medium for 15 minutes.
- When done, serve with boiled rice or taco chips.
|Prep Time: 35 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
|-||1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef|
|-||1/2 cup mushrooms|
|-||1/2 cup chopped onion|
|-||2 chilies, chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon tomato puree|
|-||1 can chopped tomatoes|
|-||3 tablespoons chili powder|
|-||1 tablespoon chili flakes|
|-||1 can kidney beans, strained|
|-||1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|