Note: You can use a decorative glass or colored sugars as well to decorate according to the season.
- Cream together sugars, butter and oil until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well; mix in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate the dough for 6 to 8 hours.
- Roll into small balls, press down with glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375Â° for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||1 cup powdered sugar|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 cup butter or margarine|
|-||1 cup vegetable oil|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1 teaspoon cream of tartar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||4 1/4 cups flour |