VARIATION: You could also bake in mini loaf pans at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugars to butter and beat well.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- Add mashed bananas and beat on high for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Alternately add flour mixture and heavy cream to butter mixture, mixing well.
- If using, add walnuts to batter and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a sprayed 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Container: 9 x 5 loaf pan
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-||5 tablespoons butter|
|-||1/2 cup sugar|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar, packed|
|-||2 egg whites|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed|
|-||1 3/4 cups all purpose flour|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder|
|-||1/2 cup heavy cream|
|-||1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)|