|1. Preheat oven to 225°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil; spray foil with no stick cooking spray. |
2. Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Beat in extracts until well blended. Gently stir in chips.
3. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.
4. Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Eggs separate more easily when they are warm. Place egg whites in bowl and bring to room temperature. To speed up this process, place bowl of egg whites into a slightly larger bowl containing lukewarm water.
- Make sure beater and mixing bowl are spotlessly clean. Any grease in the mixture will deflate meringue.
- Do not make meringues during humid weather. Moisture will prevent egg whites from forming stiff peaks.
- For best results, bake meringues on baking sheets lined with nonstick foil. Or bake on foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- To make different shapes of meringue, spoon meringue mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and gently squeeze to pipe meringue onto baking sheets. Pipe into various shapes, such as hearts, "kisses," letters, numbers, etc.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||4 egg whites, at room temperature|
|-||1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cream of Tartar |
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Mint Extract |
|-||1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract |
|-||1 cup mini chocolate chips|
|Nutrition (per serving)|
|Calories: 144 Calories |
Fat: 4 Grams
Protein: 2 Grams
Cholesterol: 0 Milligrams
Carbohydrates: 25 Grams
Sodium: 19 Milligrams
Fiber: 1 Grams