Festive Meringue Cookies - Recipe
|These confections are light, airy, delicious and low-fat! Color them to suit your special occasion--purple, pink, green, and blue for Easter, pink for Valentine's Day, pink and blue for a baby shower--the possibilities are endless!|
|view recipe online: https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--6708/festive-meringue-cookies.asp|
|1. Preheat oven to 225° F.
2. Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. (If using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment.) Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Beat in extract and food color until well blended. Gently stir in chips, if desired.
3. Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto 2 large foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
4. Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled. Test Kitchen Tips:
- Eggs separate more easily when they are warm. Place egg whites in bowl and bring to room temperature. To speed up this process, place bowl of egg whites into a slightly larger bowl containing lukewarm water.
- Make sure beater and mixing bowl are spotlessly clean. Any grease in the mixture will deflate meringue.
- Do not make meringues during humid weather. Moisture will prevent egg whites from forming stiff peaks.
- For best results, bake meringues on baking sheets lined with nonstick foil. Or bake on foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- To make different shapes of meringue, spoon meringue mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and gently squeeze to pipe meringue onto baking sheets. Pipe into various shapes, such as hearts, "kisses," letters, numbers, etc.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||4 egg whites, at room temperature|
|-||1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cream of Tartar |
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract |
|-||drop McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye |
|-||1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)|
|-|| McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract |
|Nutrition (per serving)|
|Calories: 68 Calories |
Fat: 0 Grams
Protein: 1 Grams
Cholesterol: 0 Milligrams
Carbohydrates: 16 Grams
Sodium: 19 Milligrams
Fiber: 0 Grams
|Copyright 1999-2019 - Tecstra Systems Corporation/RecipeTips.com - All Rights Reserved|