- Use the backside of a flat cutting board to make the pizza and to slice on after grilling. You will also need a pizza cutter and a spatula to spread the sauce.
- Lightly oil bottom side of the curst. The bottom side is flat.
- Pour sauce in center
- Put 1 tablespoon pesto on top of the sauce
- Swirl around the sauce with spoon or spatula
- Sprinkle cheese liberally
- Add pepperoni and a bit more cheese on top
- Keep grill temp BELOW 400F 350 F even 300F is plenty of heat to do the magic
- Medium to Med/Low on dial. Charcoal- control heat- Love the Big Green Egg for pizza!
- SLIDE Pizza off the cutting board right onto the GrillGrates and close the lid
- Use The GrateTool and take a peek at the grill marks e minutes into grilling. If they are dark black your are too hot, quarter turn the pizza and turn down the heat. If there is not much searing, close the lid for 2-3 more minutes before quarter turning.
- Quarter turn pizza using The GrateTool- gently lift the pie and spin it 90 degrees to get the ultimate searing and crispy crust.
- Use The GrateTool to lift the grilled pizza onto the cutting board for cutting and serving
- Cut into 1/8ths for meals and 1/16ths for appetizers for perfect finger food!
|-|| partially-baked pizza crust, thin and crispy or regular style|
|-||1 jar pizza sauce |
|-||1 small jar of pesto|
|-||1 large bag of shredded mozzarella cheese|
|-||1 small bottle of olive oil|
|-||1 package slice pepperoni|