- Mix jellies, horseradish, mustard and pepper in a separate container
- Build your quesadilla on a cutting board to easily slide on and off the grill
- Brush olive oil on bottom of one Tortilla and face that side down on the cutting board
- Grate or thinly slice a thin layer of cheese onto topside of the Tortilla
- Lay 2nd tortilla on top of the cheese layered tortilla to form a sandwich
- Spoon and spread the jelly mix over the surface of the top tortilla
- Grate or slice a layer of cheese over the jelly
- The Jelly Mix will make 3-4 Tortillas and keeps well for future use
- Preheat GrillGrates for 8-10 mintues to Medium heat- 400F is ideal for Gas Grills. For charcoal Weber Kettles, grill over direct heat with GrillGrates. Make sure coals are not burning too hot red but are mostly gray when you place the Tortillas on the GrillGrates.
- Slide the Quesdilla onto the GrillGrates and close the lid
- Wait 4 minutes before opening to check sear marks by gently lifting an edge of the tortilla
- If dark and brown then LIFT the Quesadilla slightly off the GrillGrates and quarter turn it to cross hatch the bottom. If the bottom of the Tortillas shows little evidence of sear marks close the lid and give it 3 more minutes and check and quarter.
- Total Grilling Time 10-12 minutes, less if your grill is hotter than 400F. Watch not to burn or blacken the bottom too much.
- Remove from Grill back onto the cutting board, Slice into 8 slices or even smaller slices for finger food appetizers.
|-||2 flour tortillas |
|-|| Olive Oil|
|-|| A round of Brie or small block of Swiss Cheese|
|-|| Jelly Mix:|
|-||1 18oz Pineapple Preserves|
|-||1 18oz Apple Jelly|
|-||1 4 oz Jar Horseradish|
|-||1 1 oz. can dry mustard|
|-||1 cracked black pepper|