- Combine nuts, 1 tbsp melted butter, sugar and cinnamon in the oven on a cookie sheet 325F for 10 minutes- turning them, careful not to burn the nuts
- Thinly slice the pear
- Mix equal parts of jalapeno and apple jelly to create a sauce (this will keep as a great marinade)*
- Lay out two flour tortillas
Making the Quesadilla:
- Oil the bottom side of one tortilla and lay oil side down on a cutting board
- Spread goat cheese over the tortilla
- Place slices of pear evenly over the goat cheese
- Place second tortilla on top of the pear and goat cheese
- Spread mixed jellies and more goat cheese on top of the tortilla
- Add sugared walnuts
- Preheat GrillGrates to 400F Medium Heat (not full high heat)
- Use olive oil or grill spray on raised rails of the Grill Grates
- Slide Quesadilla onto GrillGrates- close lid
- Check in 3-4 minutes- peek underneath to judge degree of searing on the tortilla
- Quarter turn using The GrateTool - close lid
- Check in 3-5 minutes and judge crispiness of the tortillas and topside melting.
- Done in 7-10 minutes or less if the grill is running hot. Avoid blackened tortilla on the bottom- you are cooking too hot.
- Using The GrateTool lift the Quesadilla onto the cutting board. Let stand for 2-3 minutes for cheese to firm up a bit.
- Slice using a pizza cutter. Plan on making two since the first one will disappear quickly!
*Any combination of sweet and hot jellies will do- use your imagination.
|-|| Large Flour Tortillas|
|-|| One Pear|
|-|| Small jar Apple Jelly|
|-|| Small jar Hot Jalapeno Jelly|
|-|| Small package Goat Cheese|
|-|| Chopped Walnuts|