- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place panko on large dinner plate; set aside. Pat surface of pork dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine egg yolk, mustard and thyme in pie plate. Roll pork roast in mustard mixture, spreading mixture evenly on surface. Then roll mustard-coated roast in panko, patting panko on roast to evenly cover.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in heated oven for 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 155 degrees F. Loosely cover pork with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer pork roast to carving board; Cut half of the pork roast into 1/2-inch-thick slices to serve. Cool remaining piece of roast at room temperature for up to 1 hour. Loosely cover and refrigerate for sandwiches.
- Calories: 150 calories
- Protein: 20 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Sodium: 170 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 80 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||1 1/2 pounds pork top loin roast, trimmed of external fat|
|-||1 cup panko|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/8 teaspoon black pepper |
|-||1 egg yolk beaten|
|-||2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped|