Chicken Francaise - Recipe
|Healthy, mouth-watering chicken dish. Serve for company or your family, it's sure to be a hit...|
|view recipe online: https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--6087/chicken-francaise.asp|
- Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with salt and pepper. Mix with a fork to distribute evenly throughout.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat
- Dredge both sides of the chicken in the seasoned flour and then dip them in the egg mixture to coat completely, letting the excess drip off.When the oil is hot, add the chicken and saute for 2 minutes on each side until golden, turning only once. Once done, move the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep them warm.
- Slice Â½ the lemon into this slices and cook them in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine (if using Ã¢â‚¬" or substitute water), chicken broth and juice from other Â½ of the lemon and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Roll the butter in some flour and add to the skillet, this will thicken the sauce. Stir to dissolve the flour. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the chicken back to the skillet. Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with chopped parsley before serving.
Notes & Suggestions
If you do not have thin sliced chicken, simply lay a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken and pound with a flat meat mallet until they are about Â¼ inch thick.
Per Serving: Calories 447; Fat 25g (53.5% calories from fat); Protein 41g; Carbohydrate 8g; Dietary Fiber trace ; Cholesterol 270mg; Sodium 521mg.
|Copyright 1999-2021 - Tecstra Systems Corporation/RecipeTips.com - All Rights Reserved|