- In a large saute pan, partially cook the bacon over medium high heat until still pliable, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Place toothpicks in water. This will keep them from burning when they are grilled.
- Slice the steaks into 1/2-inch wide strips. Pound the strips to about half their original thickness. Place the steak in a bowl; pour the Italian dressing over the meat; allow to marinate at least 2 hours.
- Mix together the cream cheese and jalapeno peppers in a bowl; set aside.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat; lightly oil grate.
- Remove the strips from the marinade and lay on a flat surface. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture on each strip. Fold the meat around the cream cheese mixture to form a ball. Wrap each ball with a slice of bacon. Wrap the bacon around the opposite way the meat is rolled to keep the cheese inside. Secure bacon with water-soaked toothpicks.
- Cook on preheated grill until steak is no longer pink, about 4 minutes per side.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
|-||20 slices bacon |
|-||4 filets mignon steaks (6 ounces each)|
|-||16 ounces italian dressing |
|-||8 ounces cream cheese |
|-||2 jalapeno peppers - minced|