- (Be careful to cool everything before cooking to avoid spoiling of the dairy products.)
- Brown sausage in olive oil until fully cooked; then cool and dice up in chopper or slice.
- While sausage is cooling, saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in the sausage oil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, Ricotta cheese, and milk. Add bread crumbs, Mozzarella cheese, and tomato sauce. Add rigatoni, cooled sausage, cooled peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- Coat the bottom of a large lasagna pan with tomato sauce and then add mixture on top.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with garlic bread.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||2 eggs |
|-||2 pounds ricotta cheese |
|-||2 cups milk |
|-||1/2 cup bread crumbs (I prefer Italian or garlic seasoned)|
|-||1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|-||8 ounces shredded Mozzarella|
|-||2 jars tomato sauce, 26 oz. (I prefer the kind with chunks of veggies in it to give more flavor)|
|-||3 cups cooked rigatoni (cooked but cold)|
|-||1 diced onion|
|-||1 diced pepper |
|-||1 can mushrooms diced, small can|
|-||2 packages Premio Sweet Sausage, 16 oz. packages|
|-|| extra virgin olive oil|