- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in large saute pan on medium heat. Add onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sausage and seasoned pepper and saute until meat is thoroughly cooked - breaking sausage into chunks as it cooks.
- In a separate bowl, combine the marinara sauce, mascarpone, and basil until creamy and mixed thoroughly.
- Add sausage mixture and marinara mixture to cooked tortellini and combine well.
- Spray 2 quart round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add half of sausage/pasta to dish, top with 1/2 of each cheese, add remainder of sausage/pasta and top with remainder of each cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top.
|-||20 ounces frozen or fresh cheese tortellini|
|-||2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|-||16 ounces Premio Cheese and Basil Sausage|
|-||1 teaspoon seasoned pepper|
|-||1 teaspoon dried basil|
|-||1 small onion|
|-||2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (garlic and basil works great)|
|-||1/2 cup mascarpone cheese|
|-||1 small handful fresh basil leaves, chopped or julienned (can be substituted with Italian parsley as well)|
|-||6 to 8 slices Mozzarella cheese or (2 to 4 oz grated)|
|-||1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesiano Regiano cheese|