- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the lasagna noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is slightly tender but not cooked through, about 7 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned; drain, then stir in sauce. Set aside.
- Combine 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 container of ricotta cheese, and 2 eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a glass pan and cover with a layer of noodles.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the cheese mixture over the noodles, then ladle about 1/4 of the remaining sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat layering, ending with a layer of sauce and topping with the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Cook on 350 degrees F. for 25-35 minutes.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||16 ounces lasagna noodles|
|-||1 pound lean ground beef|
|-||1 1/2 jars spaghetti sauce - 20 oz.|
|-||2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese |
|-||1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|-||1 package Ricotta cheese (8 ounce pkg)|
|-||2 eggs (optional)|
|-||2 cups shredded cheddar cheese*|
|-|| *If not ready to commit to all cheddar, you can also do 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup cheddar|