- Grease a 9-inch spring form pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Whisk in vanilla, salt, and 6 tbsp sugar. Whisk in yolks one at a time.
- Beat whites with a pinch of salt to soft peaks, then add remaining 6 tbsp sugar gradually, and continue to beat until whites hold stiff glossy peaks.
- Fold in egg whites gently and gradually. Pour batter into pan and gently spread evenly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove the sides of the pan. Remove pan bottom after cake has cooled completely and plate.
|Cook Time: 40 minutes|
|-||1 package bittersweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli) - 12 oz. pkg.|
|-||3/4 cup butter |
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||3/4 cup sugar - divided|
|-||5 large eggs at room temp, separated|