- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray, or 8" square pan for a cake.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, 1 cup of the sugar, eggs, zest, vanilla, oil, and 1/3 cup grapefruit juice.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix 1-1/2 tablespoons grapefruit juice with powdered sugar, adding more juice if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Glaze cake, then let cool slightly.
- Serve warm or cold.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
|-||1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt|
|-||3/4 cup sugar |
|-||3 eggs |
|-|| Zest of two grapefruits|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|-||1/4 cup vegetable oil |
|-||1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed from the zested ones)|
|-|| OPTIONAL GLAZE:|
|-||1 cup powdered sugar |
|-||1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed grapefruit juice|