- Melt honey and butter. Add sugar, juice, rinds, and almonds.
- Mix flour, salt, spices, and baking powder. Add to honey almond mixture. Keep dough stiff, but add enough water to get it to hold together.
- Divide in 3-4 chunks of dough. Flour board and roll about 1/4 inch thick.
- You can paint cookies by beating an egg yolk and adding food coloring for the desired colors. We have manger scene cutters, and we paint them to send as gifts and to enjoy ourselves!
- Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
|-||1 1/4 cups honey |
|-||3/4 cup butter |
|-||2 cups sugar |
|-||1/4 cup fruit juice|
|-||1 orange rind (finely chopped or ground)|
|-||1 lemon rind (finely chopped or ground)|
|-||2 cups ground almonds|
|-||10 cups flour |
|-||1 tablespoon salt |
|-||1 tablespoon cinnamon |
|-||2 teaspoons nutmeg |
|-||1 teaspoon cloves |
|-||4 teaspoons baking powder |
|-|| Cookie cutters|
|-|| Egg yolks|
|-|| Food coloring|