- Mix together 1/4 cup hot tap water, 1 tablespoon yeast, and 1/2 tablespoon honey. Set aside.
- Using dough hooks, mix together 2-1/2 cups hot tap water and 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour. Add 1 tablespoon salt, 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup honey.
- Add yeast mixture. Mix and add remaining 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour until it forms a ball and doesn't stick to sides of bowl.
- Spray large bowl with non-stick cooking spray and turn dough into it. Cover with cloth and let rise until double (about one hour).
- Punch dough down and let rest for a few minutes. Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Form two loaves and put in loaf pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Brush tops of loaves with melted butter.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
|-||1/4 cup hot tap water|
|-||1 tablespoon yeast |
|-||1/2 tablespoon honey |
|-||2 1/2 cups very hot tap water|
|-||7 cups whole wheat flour|
|-||1 tablespoon salt |
|-||1/3 cup canola oil |
|-||1/3 cup honey |