- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan. Use gluten free flour or confectioners' sugar to flour the pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in double boiler.
- Combine the garbanzo beans and eggs in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the sugar and the baking powder to bean mixture, and pulse to blend.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the corners to ensure chocolate is completely mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
|-||1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips|
|-||1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (19 ounce can)|
|-||4 eggs |
|-||3/4 cup white sugar|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1 tablespoon confectioners sugar for dusting|