- In a 10-quart stock pot over medium heat, brown the Premio sausage pieces using the olive oil.
- Once browned, add the zucchini, celery, and garlic and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add some of the reserved water if the mixture gets dry or begins to stick.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, water, spinach, and garbanzo beans.
- Over high heat, bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and reduce heat to low. Allow the soup to simmer for 25 minutes or until zucchini and pasta are soft.
- Serve warm; makes 6 to 8 very hearty bowls.
|-||1 pound Premio Sausage Links; cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces|
|-||1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil|
|-||2 cups favorite spaghetti sauce|
|-||12 cups water (reserve 2 cups)|
|-||2 cups elbow noodles|
|-||1 large zucchini - diced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|-||1 stalk celery - diced into 1/4-inch pieces|
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||1 package chopped spinach (10 oz. box)|
|-||1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas) - drained and rinsed well (10 oz. can)|