- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the top off each pepper and set the tops aside. Clean the seeds and ribs out of each pepper and pierce the bottom with a fork. Place on a baking rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Beat eggs with a fork in a large bowl. Add diced onion, zucchini, carrot, and celery.
- Crumble toasted bread into fine crumbs or pulse in a food processor; then add the crumbs to the bowl along with sausage, ground chicken, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper. Combine everything gently with your hands.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the six peppers. Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven; replace each pepper top and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
|Cook Time: 1 hour|
|-||6 green bell peppers|
|-||1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casing|
|-||1/2 pound ground chicken|
|-||2 slices wheat bread - toasted|
|-||1 small onion, diced|
|-||1/2 small zucchini, diced|
|-||1 small carrot, diced|
|-||1/2 rib celery, diced|
|-||2 large eggs|
|-||1/3 cup fresh parsley - finely chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - finely chopped|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper|