- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, conbine flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Fold in rhubarb, coconut and nuts (if desired).
- On a prepared cookie sheet, drop about 1 tablespoon of batter per cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven, let cookies sit on the baking sheet 1-2 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Note: If using frozen rhubarb, measure before thawing. Then thaw and drain but do not press liquid out.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Cream until smooth.
- Frost onto cooled cookies.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1 cup shortening |
|-||1 1/2 cups brown sugar - packed|
|-||2 eggs |
|-||3 cups flour |
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1 1/2 cups rhubarb |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||3/4 cup coconut |
|-||3/4 cup pecans - chopped (optional)|
|-|| FOR FROSTING:|
|-||3 ounces cream cheese - softened|
|-||1 tablespoon butter - softened|
|-||1 1/2 cups powdered sugar |
|-||3 teaspoons vanilla |