- Generously butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. Arrange slices in a prepared pan in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For praline topping, Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.
- Spread topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: 9x13 baking dish
|-||1 french or Italian bread loaf|
|-||8 eggs |
|-||2 cups half & half |
|-||1 cup milk |
|-||2 tablespoons sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|-||1/4 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1/4 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||1/8 teaspoon salt |
|-|| For Praline Topping:|
|-||1 cup butter - softened|
|-||1 cup brown sugar |
|-||1 cup pecans - finely chopped|
|-||2 tablespoons light corn syrup |
|-||1/2 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1/2 teaspoon nutmeg |