Tip: Date jars!
- Pick desired amount of fresh tomatoes.
- Boil water and blanch tomatoes to peal skin off.
- Place skinned tomatoes in a large pot and cook until boiling.
- Boil water in a small saucepan and let lids and rings rest in the water until ready for use.
- Wash desired sized jars and rinse well. Poor boiling hot water into clean jars. Empty water from one jar at a time and fill with boiling tomato mixture.
- Add canning salt and lemon juice to each filled jar.
- Place the lid on the jar. Screw the ring on the jar - very tightly.
- When done canning desired amount, place a clean kitchen towel over top of jars and let rest. You may hear a "pop" as jars begin to seal. Let sit for several hours.
- If there is a jar that does not seal you will need to store it in the fridge to use in the near future.
- All jars that do seal (when you press down on the lid it does not move) are fine to store on the self to use at a later date.
|Container: Large pot|
|-|| Glass jars|
|-|| Metal rings|
|-|| Metal lids|
|-||1 teaspoon canning salt, per jar|
|-||1 teaspoon lemon juice, per jar|