- Prepare taco meat according to packet seasoning directions, cool.
- In a tortilla taco salad bowl or a regular salad bowl, add the lettuce. Add a serving of taco meat on top of the lettuce.
- Then top the meat with the other ingredients you wish to include with your salad. Choose from tomatoes, onion, sour cream, black olives, cheese, and beans (optional).
- If serving in a regular salad bowl, line the outside of the bowl with tortilla chips to eat with your salad.
- Serve with Thousand Island or French dressing.
- Serve salsa, taco sauce, and jalapenos, on the side for those who like to add them to their salad.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
|-||1 pound ground beef browned and drained|
|-||1 packet taco seasoning mix|
|-|| Tortilla taco salad bowl or tortilla chips|
|-||1 head lettuce torn into bite size pieces|
|-||1 small onion diced|
|-||1 tomato diced or cherry tomatoes, halved|
|-|| Sour cream|
|-||1 can slices black olives|
|-||1 cup shredded cheese|
|-||1 can pinto beans , drained (optional)|
|-|| Thousand Island or French dressing|
|-|| Salsa, taco sauce, jalapenos (optional)|