- Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions, stirring in the green chilies and oregano.
- Spread into a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and Ranch dressing mix. Set aside.
- Wrap bacon in paper towels, and cook in the microwave until crisp, about 45 seconds per slice. Crumble and set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Pour half of the beans over the crumbled bread, half of the mayonnaise mixture, half of the corn, tomatoes, peppers, green onion, bacon and cheese.
- Repeat the layers ending with cheese on top. The dish will be very full.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- This is also pretty served in a trifle dish.
|Prep Time: 1.5 hours|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: 8 inch square baking pan, 9 x 13 baking dish
|-||1 package corn bread muffin mix (7.5 oz pkg)|
|-||1 can chopped green chilies (4 oz can)|
|-||1/8 teaspoon dried oregano|
|-||1 cup mayonnaise|
|-||1 cup sour cream|
|-||1 packet dry ranch-style dressing mix (1 oz pkt)|
|-||10 slices bacon|
|-||2 cans pinto beans, drained, rinsed|
|-||1 can whole kernel corn, drained|
|-||3 tomatoes, chopped|
|-||1 cup green pepper, chopped|
|-||1 cup green onion, chopped|
|-||2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|