- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven, add the water, rice, chicken base, vegetables, seasonings and butter, except the salt and lime juice. Bring the water to a boil stirring very little.
- Cover the pan and place it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until almost all of the water is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven but leave it covered and sitting for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and lime juice.
- Remove the lid long enough to stir in the salt and lime juice; recover the pan and let sit another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
|Cook Time: 30 minutes|
|-||3 cups water|
|-||2 cups (uncooked) long grain white rice|
|-||1 tablespoon chicken base (or 3 chicken bullion cubes)|
|-||1 cup bell pepper, diced (red, yellow, green, or any combo you like)|
|-||1/2 onion, diced small|
|-||1 medium tomato, diced small|
|-||1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely diced|
|-||1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|-||1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon onion powder|
|-||2 tablespoons butter|
|-||1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)|
|-||2 tablespoons lime juice (to taste)|