- Cook chicken and chop into cubes. Set aside.
- Sauté bacon in a large skillet over medium low heat, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp, 8-10 minutes.
- Pour out all but 2-3 tbsp. rendered fat.
- Cook garlic in same skillet over medium heat until golden, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Add half of the kale, cook, tossing until just wilted, 2 minutes.
- Add remaining kale, and season with salt and pepper; cook tossing until all kale has wilted, 2 minutes.
- Add broth; cover.
- Simmer until kale is tender, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Add kale, chicken, bacon, and Fontina cheese. Toss to combine until cheese has melted.
|-|| 2-4 chicken breast halves|
|-||6 thick slices bacon cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|-||3 cloves garlic|
|-||1 bunch kale, thick stems trimmed, leaves coarsely chopped|
|-|| Coarse salt and pepper|
|-||2 cups canned chicken broth|
|-||1 pound whole wheat spaghetti|
|-||1/2 - 1 cup coarsely chopped smoked Fontina cheese (or other semi-soft smoked cheese)|